The Mountain West has released its 2019-20 women's basketball conference schedule with the Wolf Pack slated to begin league play on Saturday, Dec. 7.
Conference play will begin earlier than usual this year with the Mountain West Championship moved up one week. The Wolf Pack will kick off league action on Saturday, Dec. 7 with a 2 p.m. home matchup against Air Force that will be played in the Virginia Street Gym. The other conference date in December, the 4th, will serve as a bye for Nevada.
The Pack will play five more non-conference contests before it picks up conference action again on New Year’s Day at Colorado State. Nevada swept the Rams last season for the first time in program history. The team will remain on the road and head to Boise, Idaho for a clash with the defending conference champions, Boise State, on Saturday, Jan. 4.
The first league game of the 2019-20 season to be played in Lawlor Events Center will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 8 when the Pack hosts San José State, which it defeated in the opening round of last year’s MW Tournament. Nevada remains home in Lawlor the following Saturday to welcome in Utah State. The Pack will then hit the road for its first trip to Laramie, Wyo. in two years as it faces the Cowgirls of Wyoming on Jan. 15.
Nevada is back at home on Saturday, Jan. 18 for one game against San Diego State before a two-game road swing. That road swing includes games at intrastate rival UNLV on Jan. 22, which the Pack split with last season, and then at New Mexico on Jan. 25. The Silver & Blue will close out the month of January with a home contest against Colorado State on Wednesday, Jan. 29.
The month of February kicks off with another home game at Lawlor Events Center as the Pack welcomes Boise State to Reno on Feb. 1. Another set of away contests awaits the Wolf Pack as the team will travel to Colorado Springs, Colo. and San José, Calif. to face the Falcons and Spartans on Feb. 5 and 8, respectively. Nevada returns home to Lawlor on Wednesday, Feb. 12 to face rival UNLV for the second time that season. The Pack will then enjoy a bye weekend and return to the floor the following Wednesday to square off against the Lobos of New Mexico.
Following the bout with the Lobos, the Pack will make a trip to Fresno, Calif. for its lone regular season contest against the Bulldogs on Saturday, Feb. 22. The regular season home finale will take place on Monday, Feb. 24 as Wyoming visits town. Nevada will conclude the regular season with a road matchup at San Diego State that Thursday. This year’s Mountain West Championship will run from March 1-4 in Las Vegas.
For ticket information for the 2019-20 season, call (775) 348-PACK.
DATE - OPPONENT - LOCATION - TIME
- Tue. Nov. 5 vs. Saint Mary's Reno, Nev. TBA
- Sat. Nov. 9 vs. Sacramento State Reno, Nev. TBA
- Sat. Nov. 16 at Utah Valley Orem, Utah TBA
- Sat. Nov. 23 at Portland State Portland, Ore. TBA
- Fri. Nov. 29 Nugget Classic Reno, Nev. 2 p.m.
- Fri. Nov. 29 Nugget Classic (Non-Nevada game) Reno, Nev. 4:30 p.m.
- Sun. Dec. 1 Nugget Classic (Non-Nevada game) Reno, Nev. 11 a.m.
- Sun. Dec. 1 Nugget Classic Reno, Nev. 2 p.m.
- Sat. Dec. 7 vs. Air Force Reno, Nev. 2 p.m.
- Tue. Dec. 10 vs. Stanislaus State Reno, Nev. 11 a.m.
- Sat. Dec. 14 at Utah Salt Lake City, Utah 1 p.m.
- Fri. Dec. 20 at USC Tournament Los Angeles, Calif. TBA
- Sat. Dec. 21 at USC Tournament Los Angeles, Calif. TBA
- Sat. Dec. 28 vs. Cal Poly Reno, Nev. 2 p.m.
- Wed. Jan. 1 at Colorado State* Fort Collins, Colo. TBA
- Sat. Jan. 4 at Boise State* Boise, Idaho TBA
- Wed. Jan. 8 vs. San José State* Reno, Nev. 6:30 p.m.
- Sat. Jan. 11 vs. Utah State* Reno, Nev. 2 p.m.
- Wed. Jan. 15 at Wyoming* Laramie, Wyo. TBA
- Sat. Jan. 18 vs. San Diego State* Reno, Nev. 2 p.m.
- Wed. Jan. 22 at UNLV* Las Vegas, Nev. TBA
- Sat. Jan. 25 at New Mexico* Albuquerque, N.M. TBA
- Wed. Jan. 29 vs. Colorado State* Reno, Nev. 6:30 p.m.
- Sat. Feb. 1 vs. Boise State* Reno, Nev. 2 p.m.
- Wed. Feb. 5 at Air Force* Colorado Springs, Colo. TBA
- Sat. Feb. 8 at San José State* San José, Calif. TBA
- Wed. Feb. 12 vs. UNLV* Reno, Nev. 6:30 p.m.
- Wed. Feb. 19 vs. New Mexico* Reno, Nev. 6:30 p.m.
- Sat. Feb. 22 at Fresno State* Fresno, Calif. TBA
- Mon. Feb. 24 vs. Wyoming* Reno, Nev. 6:30 p.m.
- Thu. Feb. 27 at San Diego State* San Diego, Calif. TBA
- Mar. 1-4 MW Championship Las Vegas, Nev.